Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Polish storage

My nail polish collection has grown significantly in the past 2 months since becoming exposed to so much inspiration and knowledge through the blogging community. I needed better storage than the shoebox I used to rely on! I wanted more space, to have my polish on display, and the colours to be easily visible. Plus I didn’t want to spend a whole lot of moola (I’d rather put that towards more polish!)
 
Solution: I typed DIY Nail Polish rack into You Tube and low and behold this amazing storage rack plus tutorial by LovinBeautyNStyle. The tutorial is easy to follow and the rack was inexpensive (under $5) and easy to make. Mine holds 73 bottles. Here are some more pics!




Mine took about 90 minutes to make, or 3 episodes of Parks and Recreation (lol). I changed the design from the tutorial slightly by adding triangles to each side so that the polishes don’t slide off (look at the last photo). As you can see, the rack is full and I need to make another one soon! I have polishes waiting, still sitting in that darn shoebox. Haha. I have a feeling this may be a trend – build a rack, fill it, build a rack, fill it, ...  

Hayley

4 comments:

  1. Such a good idea love that rack and it's cheap
    To make even better thanks so much for the idea ive
    Been keeping mine in plastic drawers & never thought anything of it I'm so soon this yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to share the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love love your polish rack! Thinking of making one my self, has the same idea, money for more polishes, not for storage! Thanks for an awesome post!
    By the way, just became a follower :)

    ReplyDelete