Monday, April 04, 2011

NOTD: Gilded Coral and Only Gold for Me

Here is what I wore for the last 2 days… 3 coats of ORLY’s Gilded Coral and 2 coats of Sephora by O.P.I.’s Only Gold for Me on my ring fingernails.

I just recently picked up Gilded Coral. It's a beautiful soft pink with so much gold shimmer. It would look amazing with a tan (note to self...). Only Gold for Me has been in my collection for longer. There are tiny gold glitters and larger, hexagonal-shaped as well. I really dig the big glitter polishes, my only pet peeve is removal. Even after leaving a remover-saturated cotton ball on my nail for several minutes, I still have to scrub and pick at the glitter to get rid of it. Maybe I'm not using the best remover... I'll need to research what's best (I'm still a newbie!)

For this mani, I was inspired a lot by what I’ve seen lately in the nail blogosphere, which is having an accent colour or topcoat on only one fingernail. It’s most often the ring fingernail… why is that? I do think that it looks prettiest to have a contrast on that nail, but I can’t figure out why. Here is Vanessa Hudgens sporting the look:
Thank-you, Glamour!
I love this mani on her. I wouldn’t do these exact colours on myself; taupe is too blah (I need COLOUR!). Regardless, a very unexpected and cute design.
I will try this look again, in lots of different colour combos. It was fun to wear and made me smile every time I glanced down at my hands. My grade 1s were keen observers today and noticed, too. Smart little cookies ;)

Please ignore my dry cuticles… I’m working on them! And there’s a spot on my index nail. I teach grade 1. I am in constant contact with Crayola markers. I can’t not be messy with them. So sue me ;)

Thanks for reading!

Hayley

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love the accent nails!! :)
    Thanks for following my blog :)
    And looks like I am your first follower :)
    yay nail blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK-YOU! You have no idea how happy this makes me :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete