Sunday, April 10, 2011

NOTD: Call Me Irresponsible

I did my first Deborah Lippmann manicure yesterday. LOVE. Great polish application, check. Beautiful colour, check. Durable, check. Attracted compliments, check! I am a big fan of purple polish, various purples take up about a fifth of my collection. Call Me Irresponsible is the most red-toned purple that I have, although the bottle looks more blue-toned, hmm.
I also feel that this was my neatest application of polish ever. I was steady with both my right AND left hand (go me!), going to the edge of each nail and making a nice line along my cuticle. I am proud of myself :)

I added a neat effect top coat this morning on top of yesterday’s mani. I really liked the results.


 Funky Fingers Bourbon St + Deborah Lippmann Call Me Irresponsible =



I love this look! Bourbon St really brought out the redness in Call Me Irresponsible. The undertone turned into more of a pinky-mauve. There were gold, green and purple shimmer reflections depending on the light. I’m eager to try Bourbon St over more colours!


While at the grocery store I saw this for $4. Easy YES!


Joe Fresh Twilight

I haven't seen flakes mixed with a colour before. I tested it on some cardstock, and the black base seems to be jelly-like. I will need to try this out soon!

I would like to mention a wonderful experience that I had a nail polish/Konad retail shop yesterday. You may already follow Wow Wow Nails. If you are ever in Toronto be sure to visit their shop! They carry O.P.I., China Glaze and Nubar lacquers, as well as Konad special polishes, kits, and tons of image plates. Nina was super sweet and gave me a helpful Konad demo (now I know why my stamps weren't turning out so clear!) You can also request polishes and they see what they can do to get them (that's how I got Nubar 2010). Their Markham location carries more polishes than the Toronto location, but both are worth the visit. I will be back again!


Hayley

10 comments:

  1. I love how it looks with the golden shimmer over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love it layered, too! :) Awesome Joes find, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layering! That combination is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gold over the purple is amazing! It also reminds me of the new Zoya - Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful purple and what grocery store was that? That Joe polish is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BeauxMom - Joe Fresh is a Canadian brand, it's sold at grocery stores like Great Canadian Superstore, Fortinos, etc. I believe that they are bring Joe Fresh stores to the US, keep an eye out!

    ABOP - the combo does look a lot like Faye! Maybe now I won't feel so bad if I can't find Faye near me (I'm looking for it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that funky fingers is a dupe for color club wild and willing! (a lot of FF/CC are dupes - they're made by the same company)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know that about FF and CC... hah! What's funny too is that I get both of those brands from the same shop ;)

    ReplyDelete