Sunday, May 01, 2011

Drumroll please...

I received my first award for my blog! Thank-you to heartNAT for giving it to me, you put a smile on my face :)

As with the conditions of the award, here are 10 random facts about myself:

1. My favourite hobbies are arts and craft-related. I love making jewellery, knitting, painting, drawing, embroidery, etc.

2. My favourite subject throughout highschool and university was art history. I actually liked writing those essays. I also love going to museums and art galleries. I visited the MoMA for the first time in March and could have spent all day there. Seeing Starry Night brought me to tears, I was overjoyed :)

3. I do really stupid things often. But I can laugh at myself, so it’s okay. Like the one time when I worked at Michaels, I called a license plate over the PA system, because someone told me that the car’s lights were on. I found out 3 hours later that it was my car, and I had read out my own license plate.

4. At one point in my life I wanted to be a coroner. And then a homicide detective. And then a forensic ident officer. Then I became a teacher :) Now looking back, I don’t think I could have done any of those jobs!

5. My favourite TV shows are Dexter, Breaking Bad, The Office, Gray’s Anatomy and Criminal Minds. I also get sucked into American Idol every season :/

6. Besides teaching, one of my favourite jobs was working for Lush cosmetics as a factory worker – in the Bubbles department! I hand-made their bubble bars. Working with a fun bunch of people also helped, too! I may go back there in the summer, we’ll see!

7. My next big purchase is going to be an Apple Macbook Pro, if everything goes as planned! Eee!

8. I have an Honours Bachelor of Science in Physical Anthropology and my Bachelor of Education. I am proud of all the schooling I’ve accomplished!

9. I have the best friends in the world :)

10. I am listening to one of my 8 Glee CD soundtracks right now… ahhh, how I love covers of songs, especially by the Glee crew! I’m also going to the Glee concert in Toronto in June! Yayaya!

That was fun! Here is something else that’s fun… a haul!
Essie Watermelon, Bermuda Shorts and China Glaze Cheers to You 

OPI DS Extravagance, I Juggle... Men, Dating a Royal, Planks a Lot, Stranger Tides, Mermaid's Tears, Sparrow me the Drama, and Silver Shatter

I've been looking forward to doing this mani since I saw the collection over a month ago. Mermaid's Tears with Silver Shatter. :)

This should be my last haul for a while. I told myself that after getting what I wanted from the OPI Pirates collection, I would go on a no-buy. We’ll see how long this lasts...!

6 comments:

  1. i love that color combo! totally want silver shatter now haha. and congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!
    I love your blog! I'm a huge nail polish fan!
    Now following.
    http://www.fashuhneestah.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Well deserved :)
    Your fact no3 made me laugh! That's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul and congrats on the award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive want Mermaids Tears! Hey I'm your new follower, I have a nail art blog at imobsessedwithnails.blogspot.com

    keep up the good work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your award. You have a great, well written blog. Following you now.

    Keep it up.
    xoDale
    I have a fashion blog here in San Francisco
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete